D.N.P. But what is DNP?
SYnAbs has developed recognized references monoclonal antibody targeting DNP molecule, distributed by key players like BioRad, ThermoFisher and many others. Those antibodies have been developed in mouse and rat species, and been validated by many customers in immunohistochemistry, ELISA and Western-Blot.
DNP stands for Di-Nitro-Phenol, 2,4-Dinitrophenol (2,4-DNP or simply DNP) is an organic compound with the formula HOC6H3(NO2)2. It is a yellow, crystalline solid that has a sweet, musty odor. It is a small water-soluble, hydrophobic ligand that binds to transthyretin at acidic pH and also reduces the formation of amyloid fibril.
DNP is a precursor to other chemicals and is biochemically active, inhibiting adenosine triphosphate (ATP) production in cells with mitochondria : Dinitrophenol has the ability to separate the flow of electrons and the pumping of H+ ions for ATP synthesis. This means that the energy from electron transfer cannot be used for ATP synthesis anymore.
What are the applications of DNP?
DNP is a compound used for a large spectrum of applications:
- Dinitrophenyl (DNP) is a hapten, not found endogenously in tissues, so serves as a control for immuno-assay.
- DNP is an excellent alternative to biotin for use in applications requiring biotin-free systems. Probes or antibodies labeled with DNP can be detected using the SYnAbs anti-DNP antibodies.
- Using an antibody to DNP, it is possible to visualize and localize the sites of oxidative damage by immunodetection of DNP adduction resulting from reaction of the tissue with DNPH.
- 2,4-Dinitrophenol (DNP) is a hapten that induces a strong immune response when attached to proteins or peptides.
- In 1930, DNP was given as a drug to help patients lose weight and been studied as potential obesity treatment. Its use in high doses has been identified with severe side-effects, including a number of deaths. Bodybuilders keep on using DNP despite its revealed toxicity.
- DNP has been associated with possible therapies for neurodegenerative and neurological disorders.
- DNP is still used in pesticides, fertilizers, wood preservatives, and explosives.
What is the use of anti-DNP antibody?
This monoclonal antibody is suitable for use as a non-targeting isotype control in various in vitro and in vivo studies. It can also be used as a negative control in various applications such as ELISA, Western blot, immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry, immunoprecipitation, and flow cytometry.
In which species SYnAbs has raised such antibodies ?
SYnAbs has developed anti-DNP in mice (MA-DNP) and in rats (LO-DNP), offering 16 different monoclonal antibodies references. Since small molecules (hormones, antibiotic, peptide, chemical therapeutic…) induce a better immune response in rat specie, LO-DNP are high-performance and well-known references in Pharma and IVD industries. LO-DNP-2 is part of SYnAbs Top10 sales chart.
SYnAbs LO-DNP have been used in many publications including :
- Caloric restriction of rhesus monkeys lowers oxidative damage in skeletal muscle
- Monitoring Autophagy in Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Paired Activating and Inhibitory Immunoglobulin-like Receptors, MAIR-I and MAIR-II, Regulate Mast Cell and Macrophage Activation
- TA-270[4-hydroxy-1-methyl-3-octyloxy-7-sinapinoylamino-2(1H) quinolinone], an anti-asthmatic agent, inhibits leukotriene production induced by IgE receptor stimulation in RBL-2H3 cells
- Cytochemical demonstration of oxidative damage in Alzheimer disease by immunochemical enhancement of the carbonyl reaction with 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine
- Aging-associated shifts in functional status of mast cells located by adult and aged mesenteric lymphatic vessels
"Bio-X Diagnostics is involved in the development and commercialization of kits for the diagnosis of infectious diseases of livestock. Our company uses for the manufacture of its serological tests secondary monoclonal antibodies produced by SYnabs. These reagents give us full satisfaction and we consider that the great diversity of the antibodies available is a strong point of the offer of SYnabs"
Philippe Coppe, CEO of Bio-X Diagnostics